Frameworks We’re Watching
We’ve compiled a list of of the different frameworks we examined in the process of creating the Inflection privacy framework. Some (such as PCI-DSS) are more heavily aligned towards data security, while others (such as the Digital Advertising Alliance framework) are primarily focused on data collection.
Learn more about some of the frameworks we’ve examined, and where they’ve influenced the Inflection privacy principles. It is worthwhile to examine the differences between older and more recent frameworks. Which principles have stood the test of time, and which have been updated to accommodate technological advances that couldn’t have been foreseen 40 years ago?
- Better Business Bureau Code of Business Practices
- DHS Fair Information Practice Principles
- Consumer Privacy Bill of Rights
- Digital Advertising Alliance Data Collection Principles
- FTC Fair Information Practice Principles
- FTC Privacy Framework
- OECD Privacy Principles
- PCI DSS
- Privacy by Design
- TRUSTed Websites Certification