Linux Systems Engineer
Full Time – Redwood City, CA, United States
Inflection is seeking a Linux System Engineer to manage, and scale out our Linux infrastructure and Cloud technologies. The ideal candidate is hands-on, passionate about technology, and ready to lead the vision for our linux environment.
YOU LOVE IT WHEN THERE'S A PROBLEM TO SOLVE...
- When there’s a performance problem, you don’t place blame, you hunt it down and tune it away
- Responsible for server builds, security, and transition to production
- Proficiency in creating software/scripts to automate systems with fluency in at least one language (including use of built-in functions and libraries) (Bourne / Bash / Perl / Python / Ruby
- You love to teach others on the team, so they can do it too
- You’re ready to solve problems at SCALE!
- Big Data excites you because it redefines “get it right the first time”
- Clustering is fun because there are more instruments in your orchestra and you command them like the maestro that you are
- You’re so good at spinning up and deploying instances, that when someone asks you to spin, you only need to ask “How many?” You are a true “Puppet master”
- New application? New Service? No problem! It’s all technology to you and you’re a technology athlete!
- Must have strong customer service and documentation skills with the ability to balance project work with technical support.
- You’re ready to join a guild of other IT professionals who share your passion
WE'RE LOOKING FOR A GENUINE PERL...
- 4+ years of experience working with Linux in a professional environment
- Experience working with public Cloud-based services and virtualization technologies such as Amazon Web Services, Azure, Google Cloud and VMWare VCenter
- Experience with multiple distributions including Ubuntu
- Passion for modern tooling
- Some experience with Docker and understanding of Docker security is a big plus
- Experience with Firewalls, VPN and AWS networking
- Experience working with deployment tools such as Puppet or Chef
- Strong background working with network service applications such as apache, nginx,node.js, solr, postfix, mysql, memcached, and Redis
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP all the way from hardware-layer up to common services and routing principles
- Ability to work collaboratively with teammates working in a hybrid Windows and Linux enterprise-scale solution
- Strong focus on security, performance, quality, and scalability
- BS in Computer Science or similar knowledge and understanding
YOU BELIEVE WORK IS ABOUT MORE THAN JUST THE BOTTOM LINE:
We don’t want to just be good at what we do; we want to be good for the world. As a Certified B Corp, we’ve met rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We care about all stakeholders, including customers, employees, and the community.
- Innovative, high growth products that customers love
- Competitive compensation including equity options
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical/dental coverage, 401K, and life insurance
- Track record of promoting and hiring internally
- Startup environment with big opportunities for impact
- High energy team with mix of experienced entrepreneurs, talented engineers, and successful Silicon Valley veterans
- Learning and Development funds to enhance and learn new skills
- 1% of profits donated to charity
- Extensive Diversity and Inclusion program
- 3 days off a year to volunteer
- Flexible work from home arrangements
- Free lunch every day
- A start-up’s pantry of complimentary beverages and snacks
- Conveniently located off the 101 in Redwood Shores